Sunday, March 6, 2011

ANOTHER PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY


Welcome to my "Pleasant South Australian Sunday" - it is truly a beautiful day with the promise of some warmth later.  Sun is up, sky is blue and it is peaceful and calm here.   I have the whole day stretching in front of me and although i have done some small jobs there are lots more I could be doing.  I have done some laundry and just put it on the line and there is lots of heat in the sun already so we are in for a warm one today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow the forecast is for rain late in the day and I am sure the gardeners among us will welcome that because it means not so much watering.

The song referred to in the heading of this blog is by the Monkees and I just listened again and it took me back quite a few years. 


Sundays are such special days for families because it is often the only time they can get together. They are a time for meeting up with friends and a time for catching up on jobs that have been neglected.  I always try to have some special time on each Sunday doing the things I love to do.  I try to read, write letters, sort through things - today I have a huge basket of cards to sort through.   These are the cards that were sent to me during my time in hospital and I really don't want to part with them, so I will enjoy reading them again, tidying them up and perhaps finding a special "memory" box in which to store them. They cover a period of two years and there were lots of emails too which I did not print off but were special as they were received.

I love email it is instant and convenient but I also love to receive a letter in the mail that comes to me from my friend's hand and the fact that they have touched it makes it special.  I have been corresponding with a friend in New Zealand since 1961 when I was thirteen and he 23 - those letters are cherished.  I always come inside, make a coffee and sit down and spend some time with him via his letter.   I love to read it again and again and there are things I notice - the exact folds of the paper, the lovely handwriting and the pretty stickers he always puts on the envelopes.  The letters are filled with news of his doings and how he is and often reminiscences of times gone by when we spent time together.

I correspond with my Mother's cousin in Melbourne - she is closer in age to me than she was to my Mother and we spent time together as children and even though we do talk on the phone and go through our memory banks, we still exchange letters.

The girl who was bridesmaid at my wedding now lives interstate and we exchange letters several times a year - she is a special gentle soul.

As you can tell there is often a letter in the mail for me and sometimes they don't get answered as quickly as they should and then I usually have a letter writing day - nice music in the background and lots achieved - I did that last weekend.

Sleep did not come easy or for long for me overnight and today I will certainly be having an afternoon siesta - I will start off reading a book but soon will drift off.

A small plane is droning in the distance disturbing my "pleasant Sunday Morning" but apart from that all is peaceful here.  No lawn mowers going or dogs barking. 


However you spend your Sunday I hope it brings you peace and happiness and that you can find joy in the little things.


Remember to take care of yourselves and thank you for reading the "Musings of my Heart."




Love and hugs,







No comments: