Saturday, March 5, 2011

ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT (well it will be soon)





Hello - and Saturday is half gone for me and I seem to have done so little.  It is a beautiful day yet again here in Adelaide - we are truly blessed with cool and comfortable weather at the moment.

I slept later than I normally do and then of course was later shopping but that is all done and here I am and almost one in the afternoon and I seem to have done so little.   

Shared a meal with friends last night and also shared the joy of two little people - Grace and Henry.   Henry is just so laid back and easy going - loves to get in the kitchen with Mum and use the electric beaters and help with the frosting for the cupcakes.  Grace is growing fast and in her school uniform looked older and I am certain she is a lot wiser too.  I brushed her hair for her and got so much pleasure from that - it is soft and silky and very shiny - it felt like liquid gold as it slipped through my fingers.  A magic time - she wore my necklace for a while and I cherish those times with her - they are both delightful children who keep their parents well and truly on their toes.

I have had half an hour on the phone with Rebecca this morning and laughed and shared things - it was also a special time - I am truly blessed.

Did my shopping and visited Vinnie's again and bought some fabric - a lovely surprise - I thought it was just navy blue and pale blue but inside there is a lovely piece of striped fabric.  I shall enjoy finding something to do with those - I do have a plan for the navy blue.



I also bought the lovely basket they are sitting in.

A bargain morning this morning $5.00 for the basket, the fabric and another selection of doilies.  This doilie collection is getting to be an addiction.

I listened this morning to Cat Stevens singing another Saturday night and had forgotten how much I loved his music.  Take a trip down memory lane and listen to it on Youtube.



My plans for the rest of the day are simple - some tidying up and sorting through some things and some reading.  My new book arrived from England yesterday - it is "The King's Speech" and I can't start it until I finish a couple of others I have on the go.  I love the time I spend with books - they are a lovely companion and a great way to spend time.



It has been a busy week medically this last week and another one coming up - but all part of the process of "Stayin' alive" and I had the opportunity to speak to a lady at the shops this morning about organ donation and transplant and it was a lovely time.  She has never met anyone who has had a transplant and said that it has made her realize the importance of registering her decision to be a donor and she said she would talk to her family this weekend.   I felt good about that.

Not much other news - just the usual - sun shining, birds singing a song in my heart and a spring in my step which in itself is really wonderful.

I am foregoing the movie with the girls this afternoon because I am tired and a little queasy (after a very greasy fish meal last night) and feel that I will benefit from staying home, reading or even sleeping this afternoon.

There will be other days and other movies and I shall enjoy them as they come up.  It is indeed a special thing to be able to go out and enjoy some "girlie" time - a movie, ice cream and sometimes a meal out.  Special part of that is that I don't have to prepare the meal nor clean up after it.


I bought a magazine this morning with a lovely recipe for "Two cheese and tomato pie"  Here's the recipe - I hope you can read it and let me know if you decide to try it - I intend to - so simple - exactly my style and I love cheese.




I hope you enjoy your Saturday those of you who are already there and also those for whom Saturday is yet to dawn.

Be safe, be well and be happy - share the joy - smile at a stranger, cook with your children, read a book with someone - just enjoy your day.

Love and hugs and thanks for visiting "The Musings of My Heart.





1 comment:

Aletha said...

yes I could read the tomato pie that sounds good, let me know I will try it when we get tomatoes from the garden in summer then oh so yummy, I love the basket and the doilies you had in the basket, yes I agree books take you place. Let me know about the recipe.