Sunday, March 13, 2011

LIKE A SUNDAY MORNING.



It is like a Sunday Morning because it IS Sunday Morning - clear and cool and very beautiful.

I have woken this morning with a very heavy heart out of very great concern for our beautiful world.

Climatic conditions and events are causing such damage and devastation all over the world.  Japan is aching and broken from the damage of the earthquake and ensuing Tsunami - the images are horrific and my heart aches.

Earthquakes have always happened but with technology we are able to view this in "real time" and it brings us shock and agony.  The Tsunami has had affects on both sides of the Pacific Ocean.

My very great concern here is the possible melt down at the Nuclear Plant - and I wonder just how much they know about it and how much we are being told of the actual facts of the damage done.

Aid is being offered from all over the world and we are rallying to help our friends in Japan as we did with New Zealand and we are still struggling without own floods and Cyclone Yasi.

More than the physical damage and loss of these events is the emotional damage that is done and goes with the people who survive for the rest of their days.

I love the technology that allows me to be part of world events, but I have some concerns for little children exposed constantly to these images.  I am sure there will be some nasty dreams and some comfort needed from parents.

I offer my love and friendship, care and prayers for those who are affected in any way by these shocking events.  Please take care of yourselves and each other and seek some advice and some help if you feeling stress from it all.

Love each other a little more, hold each other a little closer - share a shoulder to cry on, hand on a hug, a smile and don't be afraid to shed some tears they can be so healing.  Laugh with those who are hurting and cry with them too.

In all of this we should remember to give thanks for the good things that have happened - I am thankful my friend's daughter and grandson are okay in Japan and the stories of survival indeed give cause for thanks.

Life here in my little corner of the world is fine and beautiful and I have decided not to watch any news today - I can't do over load and I don't want it to pull me down. I shall be consciously aware that things are so bad and holding everyone close in my heart and prayers.   I am positive in my life and always glad for the gifts I have been given - I am alive and happy and living well.  

I am doing very well health wise, as my results on Friday showed and while it is not a busy social life - just a quiet life with the opportunity to encourage others to give thanks for all they have.

I have friends and family and  places where I can go for comfort, ease and to have a smile brought back to my face.

I value your support and the fact that you take time to read these - "The Musings of my Heart."

Love and hugs,


3 comments:

Diane said...

So so sad and scarry at same time just as you say in your Blog Linda.. Prayers to all who are suffering as this hugh tragidy un folds.

Hugs diane

ladychiara said...

Linda it is indeed so terribly sad a time in this world of ours. My thoughts and positive energies are with everyone at this time.
Linda you are such a positive soul and such an inspiration to me. I am very grateful to have the privilege of calling you my friend.
Love and hugs xxx

Unknown said...

It is a terrible time for so many people and I too have stopped watching the news broadcasts.

I am forever grateful for my life with it's seemingly trivial little problems.
I am especially grateful and honoured to have special people like yourself in my life.
So today I will smile at a stranger, hug someone and send virtual good wishes and prayers to all.