Saturday, March 12, 2011

SATURDAY SUN CAME EARLY ONE MORNING




Good Morning and welcome to Saturday morning in my little corner of the world.

"Saturday sun came early one morning
In a sky so clear and blue
Saturday sun came without warning
So no-one knew what to do."

Lyrics from Saturday Sun by Nick Drake.

Saturday did indeed start early for me 4.30 am but at least I did get a few hours sleep.

I was restless anxious to hear news of friends in Japan - and news came through that they are safe and staying with friends.  They are due to fly home to America in two weeks time after a five year stint in Japan.  They are an US Air Force family with Jonathon already being home in America. So it is just Ashley and little Avery still to go home.

We heard of the earthquake and Tsunami as we were driving back from Flinders yesterday afternoon.

My news from Flinders is that my liver function is good, blood tests excellent, Chest X-Ray clear (no fluid) but there is some scarring from  the fluid episodes.
All other tests were clear but the results from the Echo Cardiogram were not in and they will call me if there is a problem.

So on many fronts this morning I have cause to be so very thankful.
For the safety of friends and family and for good results my heart rejoices.

Each day is a good day - although fatigue is often my companion, but that is something I have to learn to live with and I must learn to pace myself and spread appointments over a few days not all crammed into one long and tiring day.   All lessons to be learned on this journey of my life.
But it is  "LIFE" and it is good.

Saturday morning here in Australia and that means the weekend of course and for those in Adelaide it is a long weekend with a Public Holiday on Monday and I am sure there are many relishing the thought of a day off work.

For us it is a picnic day - so we are hoping that the weather is good (not too hot) and hoping that the rain they forecast doesn't materialize.

Enjoy your weekend - enjoy your life and find cause to be thankful each and every day - smile as you go about your day, give in to the music in your heart and sing the song that is there.

Watch the sunset, pick a flower, have coffee with friends, talk on the phone, listen to the voices of the people you miss.

Enjoy every minute of every hour of every day and give thanks for it all.

Love and hugs and of course thanks for reading "The Musings of my Heart" - it is my journey and there is a song in my heart and your love and care and friendship have helped to put it there.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very thankful for all my friends, their safety and the adversities that are facing so many. Some have proved how resilient the human spirit is and others are still on their travels, I wish these especially God speed,