Thursday, June 2, 2011

GOOD MORNING AND WELCOME TO THANKFUL THURSDAY.


Josh Groban - "Thankful"

Gosh it's cold in my little corner of the world this morning - but very beautiful and "there is so much to be thankful for."

As I made my coffee and opened up this blog to write I had no real idea where it was going - whereas often I have it all planned in my mind.  But I am just going to let it flow and let it all happen.  Often I spend sleepless nights going over things and come to type with a pattern but not this morning.

I have lots of stuff going on in my mind and so much to look forward to and on Thankful Thursday and always "so much to be thankful for."

I am thankful for the basic things in life which would be luxuries to many - a warm bed, a family, love, care, support, food on my table, a wonderful medical team etc. etc. etc.

My word for 2011 is 'ATTITUDE' and my attitude of gratitude is developing well - I am more and more aware of how good my life is.  My attitude of care and love for my fellow man has always been strong and is still so and I am thankful for being able to love and support those who are struggling right now.

Message from Crosby this morning reads:

"Well, my bloodwork has gotten worse, so the docs ordered another liver biopsy tomorrow. If the results of the biopsy indicate that I'm having steroid-resistant rejection, they will start me on what I call "big boy anti rejection", AKA Thymoglobulin; which will virtually shut down my immune system in order to 'reset' it."

I am thankful for his faith and the courage he is showing and proud to call him friend.  A young man with a very strong faith, a supportive family and a lovely young lady in his life.  

There are so many of you all struggling with your own issues of health, grief and pain and I send my love and care your way and encourage you keep the faith, stand strong and work towards resolution of these issues.   Life is beautiful but it can be difficult and hard to handle sometimes.

Others are rejoicing in family events - new babies on the way, weddings and happiness - and I truly share your joy - can't begin to imagine the excitement of anticipating identical twin grandchildren - brothers or sisters for a little boy who would much prefer a puppy.  I am delighted for you and your family Lynne.

My celebration this week is to join my family and the family of Rebecca's partner to celebrate a milestone birthday for Nick.  Happy 40th. Birthday Nick - thank you for the joy you bring to our lives and thank you for the love and care you show to our daughter.

I am off this evening to see and hear the Soweto Gospel Choir - new to me, but I am assured I will love it all and we are having dinner at an Italian Restaurant earlier so it should be a lovely evening.  It will be bright, colourful and wonderful.


This weekend is a special time for me as it will be the second time I have been able to attend the Organ and Tissue Donor Thanksgiving Service on Sunday afternoon.   I attended last year but chose to go on my own as I wasn't sure just how I would hold up.  This year I am blessed to have my family coming with me and for that I am thankful - very thankful.

So as you can see my friends I have a busy few days and will have to get some rest during the days as I will be very tired at the end of it all. 

I am thankful to you for visiting and reading "The Musings of My Heart"  - a very thankful heart.

Take care, find joy in the little things and be thankful for them

Love and hugs,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me that life is, although hard to handle sometimes, still beautiful.
Having a few problems with life but the photo of the twins was perfect timing to lift the spirit!

Thoughts, and admiration, go to Crosby and I wish the 3 Musketeers all the best in their testing times.
I am sure lots of prayers will go out on Sunday and know that will be with you in spirit. Enjoy it with the family, both yours and the extended.

As for the Soweto Gospel Choir: you will love it! Prepare to be moved and amazed, it is a very spiritually uplifting experience and not to be missed.

Linda J. said...

Thanks for visiting and for your always positive and caring feedback - hope the days soon brighten for you. I am really looking forward to watching the development of those babies too.

Love and hugs,
Linda.