Tuesday, June 28, 2011

HELLO RUBY TUESSDAY - IT'S A MUGS GAME. .



Tuesday Afternoon - The Moody Blues

A song I haven't heard or played for a long time - Tuesday Afternoon - well whatever time it is in your little corner of the world Tuesday afternoon will come around soon enough.

"Tuesday afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.

Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.

I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind,
It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind.
So gently swaying through the fairyland of love,
If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of

Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday, afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way.
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.
Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh."

Welcome to Ruby Tuesday and the sun is shining and winter sunshine always brings a smile my way - it is watery sun, but very lovely,  Birds are singing and there is peace in my world - coffee and blogging - nice feeling. 

When I sat down to do this Blog I had no idea of the direction it would take and here we are marching along.  Pink rose on my desk and my coffee in my "I Live Because of My Liver Donor" mug.

I really like coffee mugs in all shapes, sizes and colours.   Of course I have lots of them (far more than I will ever need).  Some with daffodils, roses and other flowers, one that states "Older but Wiser" and the Garfield one with my initial on it and another Garfield that states  "Being a Mum is a party a minute."  another one supporting breast cancer awareness (I always use that in October.) I have dozens of them and believe me I use them all at some stage of my week.  They come in all colours, shapes and sizes and have often been gifts.  Some are fine china and some are rather more robust.

Of course there is rather an interesting collection of Christmas ones that encourage me to "Believe" and they come out on 1st. December and stay out in use until long after Christmas is gone.

I keep promising myself I will not purchase any more but I can't seem to get the addiction under control.   I have a clean out every so often and part with some of them but the old faithfuls stay with me and are used.




I do have another addiction and that is to handbags/shopping bags and my plan is to buy this lovely bag very soon:

and of course it is pink.  

I have told myself very often that I am not going to collect things any more - but I am obviously not listening and definitely not hearing what is being said. 

I guess it is a case of "need" or "want" and most of the things on my list are "wants" - I have all that I need - family, friends, a home, a car and lots of things to make life sweet, but there sure is a long list of "wants".  

Also on the "to buy" list is a set of car registration number plate frames.
I think if I am asked what I would like for my birthday - a set of licence plate frames or the bag would do nicely.  It is a very good way to increase awareness of organ and tissue donation and that's what my plan is.   

So there you have it - a little bit of me shared with you - and I hope wherever you are on Ruby Tuesday that you are able to spend time nurturing yourself and sharing your love of life with people.  Smile at strangers, open a door for someone, be glad to be alive and share the feeling.

Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday and I send love and hugs, and thanks for taking the time to visit and read "The Musings from My Heart."

Linda.

No comments: