Tuesday, June 14, 2011

RUBY TUESDAY - DIAMONDS ON THE SOLES OF MY SHOES


To quote my daughter when very young "but they are the only feet I have."
(Maybe I am walking out of step because I have "Diamonds on the soles of my  Shoes"
Paul Simon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olE7gKuRjQ4


Hello and welcome to my little corner of the world - it is Tuesday Afternoon and a day on which I feel totally out of step with the world. I feel as though I have my shoes on the wrong feet. I had a rough night - none of the usual trouble staying asleep - my trouble last night was getting to sleep.  I tried all the usual things, get up, read, warm drink, back to bed, read and settle for the night.  Didn't work this time and I think the last time I looked at the clock was 3.40 a.m.

This of course mean when I finally did get out of bed it was 7.30a.m. and I have been out of step with the world ever since.   I had two visitors before 10.00.a.m. which was lovely, but I just seem to be not able to catch up and now my computer is running slow so I think that too may be feeling a little out of step.

Today has been a day of winter sunshine and gentle winds and a pleasant day all round.  I have given up trying to catch up - content now to let this day happen as it will and start afresh tomorrow. I am in a fog and almost walking as though I have my shoes on the wrong feet.  Totally out of routine and step.  A strange and different feeling but not all bad.

Shared home made soup and bread rolls with a friend for lunch and we did crossword puzzles which I really enjoy.  It is part of my "keep the brain sharp" regime as is the "Prompting Me to Write blog"  The link for this blog is down the right hand side of this page under Blogs.

Poor Chloe's nose is a little out of joint today because we had another cat visit our garden and she is not impressed - and I think she may have heard me talking with Alexis and Naomi about getting a dog - I hope she stuck around long enough to hear me say that it isn't going to happen.

Pet's are lovely and provide such loyalty and company but there are problems when we have to go away.  Chloe hasn't forgiven me for being away in hospital yet, although she was well cared for.

I have just looked at the time and instead of wishing you a good morning - it is late afternoon for me and I should be wishing you a pleasant evening and a good night.  And for those for whom morning is on its way I wish you a lovely Ruby Tuesday.  Even though I am feeling a little out of step - I am fine - the moon is in the sky, the sun is going down to rest, God's in His Heaven and all is well in my little corner of the world.

I wish you diamonds on the soles of your shoes. diamonds in your sky and diamond dewdrops in your gardens,   I wish you a sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you and a sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.

I wish you love and laughter and thank you for visiting "The Musings of My Heart" and I shall be having an early night and trying to get my shoes on the right feet tomorrow. Your visits here really mean a lot to me.

Love and hugs,


No comments: