Sunday, June 19, 2011

SUNDAY MORNING AND YOU'RE THE VOICE.


John Farnham - You're the Voice.

Good Morning and welcome to Sunday morning in my cloudy and cold city.  We are forecast some sunshine later in the day and that will be lovely to see.

Sleep came easier last night and for that I am thankful - I guess being out sitting around eating and talking must have taken it out of me!   We had a lovely afternoon with friends we haven't seen for a while and it was lovely to spend time with them and enjoy love and friendship.   You know the sort of friendship I mean - where you just pick up where you left off and it seems there has been no distance between visits.

It was a lovely time with a lovely group of people and some we hardly knew at all  but were able to enjoy their company and strengthen those friendships.  Listening to people talking amazes me - the tone and timbre of the voices and the accents fascinates me.  I have always been interested in words and voices and some people appeal to me because of their beautiful voice.   Sean Connery's voice enchants me.  I love to hear Susannah York reading the Sonnets, Maggie Smith's wonderful voice - your voice is your signature tune and so much can be said as much by the  the tone as well as the words.

The subject of my health and the journey I have taken came up and for quite some time it became a question and answer session with me holding the floor regarding my surgery, transplant and Stevens Johnson Syndrome.  While enjoying beautiful coffee and birthday cake I became aware of the opportunity I had been presented with - the chance to be the "The Voice" and to advocate for Organ Donation.   Of course I took the opportunity and really enjoyed being able to answer questions and to actively encourage my audience to be sure to register and to make their families aware of their choice.

I was very encouraged by the fact that several times I was told how well I was looking and friends expressed the concern they felt when they had visited me in hospital.  It was a very healing and wholesome afternoon sitting outside under a beautiful pergola with a lovely big gas heater going and the rain falling down.

Miss 13 received lots of gifts of money and was delighted to be so "rich" and was planning and scheming what to buy with the money.  We didn't add to the stash of funds, but bought a Movie Pass to be used within the year.  She should get three or four movies out of that and as she will be wanting to go to the Movies with friends that should help.

I also had the opportunity to say something to the Beautiful Lady who was my late Father's Partner for fifteen years.  In the company of friends and her family I was able to say that she gave my Father the best fifteen years of his life and that I was thankful for that.

All in all it was a very healing and healthy afternoon and the food was lovely  - casseroles and mornays, cakes, flans, tarts and pastries and a huge beautiful cream filled birthday cake.   Lovely coffee - it was great.  Jessica (the birthday girl) holds hopes of becoming a Pastry Chef and had been busy making all sorts of little sweet pastries which were delicious.

This family has become part of our extended family and it was a great afternoon.   I encourage you to make arrangements to see someone you haven't seen for a while, make a phone call you have been meaning to make and nurture friendships.  We all get tied up and busy and the days just go by so quickly - but like me I am sure you will find it worth making the effort.

Perhaps on this Sunday you could visit someone or call them and I hope it makes you feel as happy as it did me.  Warm and safe in the arms of friendship.

Please pray for little Ethan who is not doing very well - he is in Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Ohio. and his twin brother is very distressed about his brother.

I hope that you are strong enough to allow your voice to be heard for the things that mean the most to you.  That you can clearly state details about the causes and things that touch your heart.


Take care whatever your tasks or outings are for today and I send love and care your way - be warm and be safe and be loved. I would be tickled pink if you would leave a comment after reading "the Musings from My Heart.

Love and hugs,

No comments: