Monday, June 20, 2011

WELCOME TO MONDAY - hoping it is not "Just Another Manic Monday"

The Bangles - Just Another Manic Monday.

Good Morning and welcome to Monday - I remember oh so well those Manic Mondays - when everyone had to be at a different place at the same time.  Oh boy they were busy times with forgotten uniforms, homework not done, flat tyres and agitated children and a very frazzled Mother.

Monday is cold here but of course it is winter, and the sky is grey with rain on the way.  And for me it is certainly not a "Manic Monday" - I didn't get to sleep until late and surprise surprise it was almost eight when I woke and I am struggling to get into routine.

My Monday is "just another day" - an ordinary, mundane and very beautiful day.  I love the ordinary days and remember how I wept for, cried for, pleaded for ordinary days and now I welcome them with great affection.  I am just so delighted to be alive and living well.  I try not to let stress live in my heart and home and I no longer play with the "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda Sisters"

I had a brilliant idea that I would move some furniture yesterday - well that didn't work. I wanted to move my Father's roll top desk and now it sits in the middle of the floor and I wait for someone to come home to help me.   Ambition and capabilities are the words that come to mind there.  Ho hum.  It doesn't matter - it was a lesson learned.  That's what happens when you are home on your own for a while and think "I'll just move that"  and no drama really.

I hope your weekend was a good one - Saturday was fun for me and Sunday quiet apart from the furniture episode.  I hope you were able to relish the joy of friendship and family and that there are memories stored away in your memory bank because they will serve you well in future days.

We are almost to the summer/winter solstice when we in Australia will have the shortest day and our nortern hemisphere friends will enjoy their longest day. That means that the days will get progressively longer and the mornings lighter but it will be a while before we really start to notice the difference.   I watched the moon last night and the sky was crystal clear - now why couldn't it be that way for the lunar eclipse?  The weather patterns are something over which we have no control.

Enjoy your sunny day/winter cold day wherever you are - I hope that at least in your heart the sun can shine for you and that there is joy in the little things.   The sound of ice cubes clinking in a glass, a spider in a web, dewdrops/rain drops on the leaves in your garden.   Find something to be thankful for and share a smile with a stranger but don't forget those at home - they need your smiles too.

I am off now to try to catch up with my morning - but I somehow imagine I will be behind with things all day and that doesn't matter a bit - what doesn't get done today can wait until tomorrow.

Blessings about for you and sunshine in your shadows. 
Thanks for reading "The Musings from My Heart"

Love and hugs,

No comments: