Thursday, June 9, 2011

A WINTER THANKFUL THURSDAY


Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond


Welcome to Thankful Thursday - may there be memories of daisies in your life,  your garden, lying in a meadow making daisy chains or perhaps daisies used at your wedding.   I remember as a child wearing daisies in my hair like a coronet and feeling I was queen of the world.

I have so much to be thankful for this Thankful Thursday (every day in fact) but I am going to be specific today in my thanks for the beauty I see around me in gardens and the delight that flowers bring to me.

I could spend all day naming flowers, their meanings and showing their images but I shall suffice in saying I love them all - their colour, their fragrance and beauty and each holds special memories for us I am sure.

The glorious golden daffodil - emblem of my beloved Wales is my all time favourite - it is strong and bends in the wind and brings brightness to the end of winter days.

Daffodil


To ask me to list in order those I like best would be something I could not do - I like the large bold flowers, the dainty small ones and the glorious wildflowers.   I love roses in all colours, but particularly cream and pink - I love wild roses in the hedgerow and I really like that each colour has a meaning. 

Tulips are truly beautiful too and the tulip fields of Holland would take my breath away.

Tulips

Violets, camellias, soft and beautiful Baby's Breath, bluebells, freesia, crocus, delphiniums, foxglove,sunflowers, snowdrops,  and so many more are all very beautiful.  I could not of course forget our beautiful Australian flowers - the Warratah, Banksia  and the Golden Wattle.

Warratah
Banksia
Golden Wattle

There is something all these plants and flowers have in common -

THEY BLOOM WHERE THEY ARE PLANTED.

On thinking about that - how much time we waste fretting and stressing because we don't think we are able to achieve anything, be anything, go anywhere and yet we have the opportunity to bloom where we are planted.  To grow and flower and make a difference in our little corner of the world.  Of course lots of plants are dug up and transplanted to other places, to once again "bloom where they are planted."

Wherever you are in our beautiful world I hope that your life is blossoming and that others can see the beauty that radiates from inside you.  Bloom where you are planted and make a difference with a smile, a kind word or a helping hand.

You make a difference to my world by just visiting and reading "The Musings from My Heart" and for that I am thankful.

May there be flowers in your life, love songs, conversation, time spent with those you love - laughter and close warm and intimate times.


Love and hugs,
Linda

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, I adore Daisies. White ones were my front garden when there only friends were my White Gladiolies that won Best in Show at the Royal Easter Show 2 years in a row.

I love the simplicity of them.

Linda J. said...

First prize two consecutive years - well done -they sure bloomed well where they were planted.

I too like the simplicity of daisies and the smile they bring to me.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

Honour Rosser said...

What a lovely post Linda but yet I am not surprised as you are so good at writing and saying what is in the heart and what a lot of people miss in their lives.

Daisies are beautiful I love all kinds and they bring back many many memories of my dear Dad. When I was very young and toddling and up until we moved from that house when I was 8 I can remember often sitting on the back lawn (Mum and Dad had an acre - large blocks in those days) with my Dad by my side he would be having a break from looking after all the chickens we had, or repairing the coop or fence, cutting the 12ft hedges we had or digging the massive vege garden Mum used to grow everything you can imagine in vegetables, everything was tried and then fruit too, she adored Tree Tomatoes and would eat and eat them (they don't have them in Aus like NZ grows them). Digging it all over and letting the frost make it sweet as was Dad's job and he always said you put the nutrients in it and open it to nature it will return 10 fold. Anyway in these rest times he would sit with me on the grass in summer and make daisy chains and put them on my head and around my neck we would spend ages doing it then when he went back to digging I would go under the huge old apple tree down the back of the yard and lay on a rug and sing to him in the garden and watch the sun shining through the tree and all it's glorious pink and white apple blossom. I was very young but can still remember Dad's smile and laughter - oh how the years go by, one never forgets precious memories and your post re Daisies bought it all back. How I miss him as I'm sure Mum does, he was a wonderful man with the biggest heart you'd ever see.
Lovely post Linda thank you for the walk down memory lane xoxo.

Linda J. said...

I am glad the daisies brought back lovely memories for you - we truly do live in a wonderful world.

Thanks for visiting these pages and for sharing your memories with us.

Love and hugs,
Linda.