Saturday, July 23, 2011

SATURDAY - FOREVER YOUNG




Joan Baez - Forever Young


May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
 
May you always do for others 
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong
May you stay forever young
May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation

 When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young
May you stay forever young.

© Bob Dylan


Welcome to Saturday in my little corner of the world - it has been cold but sunny and now the cloud is covering over and we are forecast rain.

I caught this song during the middle of the night on a radio station and I was reminded how much I enjoy it and how much the words mean to me.   We can't stay "forever young" literally, but we can keep a youthful outlook and have a "strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.

I have always enjoyed the music of Joan Baez and at 70 this lady is more beautiful than ever with the voice of an angel.  I hope you enjoy this song.

I hope that Saturday is a good day for you and that you are able to take some time and relax or catch up with friends, spend time with family.   I have been grocery shopping and didn't think I needed much but the $$$$$$ added up and then my medication from the Pharmacy added to that. I seemed to be on a treadmill and take forever today to get shopping done and put away - could be that I had two stops to make on the way home, but it is all done now.   I did have plans to go to Marion again today but they did not materialize.

My heart goes out to the people of Norway today as they struggle to come to terms with the bomb blasts and shootings they have experienced.  Such sadness for so many.

Our American friends are enduring a blistering summer time and I don't envy them - those extremes of heat are dangerous and scary and can cause so much damage.

I wish you safety wherever you are in the world and 

May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young

With love and hugs and thanks for visiting the "Musings from My Heart" 

Love and hugs,


"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

No comments: