Monday, August 8, 2011

MONDAY AND MORE RAIN


Rainbow over Adelaide
Kermit - The Rainbow Connection


Good Morning and welcome to my little corner of the world where I was greeted by a beautiful rainbow this morning.  It was clear and over a charcoal grey sky.   Yes we have rain again - the steady soaking stuff that just seems to fall from the sky - there is no wind so that makes it a little easier.

We seen to have had more than our usual share of rain this winter although the Bureau Of Meteorology tell us that July's rainfall was below average.   Certainly not in my little corner - everything is so very wet,

Rainbows are beautiful and I couldn't resist including my friend Kermit singing the Rainbow Connection.   I am a Muppet/Sesame Street fan from waaaaaaay back and enjoy them each time I see them.  Must confess that my favourite is Miss Piggy - I think she is a real Diva and just gorgeous.

Rainbows are part of our lives and I found some interesting pictures to share with you:

Rainbow Lorikeets - I often see them

A Great idea for a birthday cake

A colourful way to be on time

Nice way to keep your toes warm 
I hope that there are rainbows in your day - sunshine, lollipops and rainbows comes to mind.   Find joy in the wonderful displays that Mother Nature puts on for us, and the wonderful way we can use the colours to brighten our days.

It is, as I said cold and wet here in Adelaide and I have chicken and vegetable soup cooking in the slow cooker and cakes on the table - so it must be time for coffee.

I have spent some considerable time revamping my blogs and am getting near to being pleased with them - 20 weeks until Christmas - will have so start really concentrating on the plans for "the most wonderful time of the year"

In a world of trouble and turmoil - go back to nature and find peace there - walk by the river or by the ocean, walk in the rain, sit on your porch in the evening and enjoy the sounds of night time. Pick a flower from your garden and watch the birds at play.

I wish you a wonderful Monday - the start of a wonderful week - remember to take some deep breaths when times get stressful and to be thankful for all that you have.  I constantly give thanks for a roof over my head and food on my table, for family and friends and oh so much more - Alive and Well and loving life.

Thanks for taking the time to visit "The Musings of My Heart" and I send love and hugs your way.

Linda.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, (sarcasm there) singing that song all day know, I love it!
Want those socks and that cake please

Linda J. said...

Glad that Kermit will keep you company singing today. lol

I thought you would love those rainbow socks. Thought of you with the Lorikeets too.

Cheers,
Linda.