Sunday, August 21, 2011

SUNDAY MORNING SUNSHINE - COME AWAY WITH ME




Norah Jones - Come Away with Me.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue and there is a gentle breeze blowing - a perfect Sunday morning - all is quiet and calm in my little corner of the world.   The birds are singing and I can hear my cat purring as she dozes in the sun through the window.

All in all it is a perfect morning - come away with me and find that perfect spot where you can relax and enjoy your day.

My weekend has been a good one so far - I have pictures to share from my class yesterday.  It was a good class, nice people, beautiful teacher, lovely background music and my heart and hands were open to learning and creativity.

My first completed beading project 

A very simple but very sweet bracelet

We have another class booked for late September and hopefully I shall have purchased more bits and pieces and be creating in my own right then - it is a long time since I have used my creativity and I found it healing and gentle.

Use your creativity - whatever it is to bring calm to your life and heart - maybe it's writing, painting, knitting, scrap booking, restoring  furniture and giving it new life.   Cooking can be creative too - those beautiful cake designs are a work of art.

There is so much to do and choose from - and I am hoping that beading will be something special I can do and enjoy.

Come away with me and find that calm and peaceful place in your life where your heart can sing, you can relax, be creative - just be yourself.

It was a busy day yesterday and then I had dinner with friends and by the time I came home I was a very tired girl.  Straight to bed and straight to sleep - a much more sleep filled night and I have woken today refreshed, but away that I need to be gentle with myself and this I can do and will do.

I have coffee, music and time with you - what more can I ask for?
My laundry is drying in the sun and breeze and I am reminded of these words: "It is well with my soul."

There are frustrations in my life - I was frustrated by having to come home early when I was having a lovely time with friends, but I have to learn to live within the limitations and yesterday was a very big day and looking back - it was a good day.  It was calm and quiet - even the drive through the city was relatively calm (apart from the mandatory road works wherever you go).

I hope your weekend is a good one and I thank you for visiting the Musings from my Heart and invite you to "Come Away with Me" and find that peaceful quite spot to refresh and restore.

Love and hugs,
Linda.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a quite peaceful day, ignoring the Mum calls, emails and dog wash dramas, but all in all was relaxing.
Love your bracelets (simple?????)