Sunday, October 16, 2011

SUNDAY MORNING AND THE LANDSLIDE

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks - The Landslide.


"Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too
Well...

Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older, too
Well I'm getting older too"


Good Morning to you and welcome to a sunny Sunday morning in Adelaide - still quite cool, but I am enjoying it because as the week advances we are due for much warmer days.

I have been awake since four this morning and done lots of thinking and wonder 
 "Can the child within my heart rise above  Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

I really don't have the choice - I have to, I want to and I shall - Thank you Stevie Nicks for those words.

I am having an "at home with myself" day - a quiet day after the busy few days.. My beading class went well yesterday and I made earrings, a necklace and almost finished a bracelet - all in different colours and below is the necklace which in daylight looks a much different shade and almost pink . 


I am very pleased with this and I know I said that yesterday's class was the last for the year - well maybe that's not quite true - there are a couple of classes I would like to do - one for Christmas decorations and I have to make my mind up quickly.

I know that I am tired and it is time to take some time quietly and slowly which is what I am doing today.   I collected new medications from the Pharmacy and haven't taken them because researching the web has revealed that an adverse reaction can be Stevens Johnson Syndrome and I am uncertain as to what to do - I have emailed my Transplant team and told them and asked that they consult with the Dermatology Department for advice.  I am not comfortable taking the risk without much further discussion.   Stevens Johnson Syndrome almost took my life and I am not wanting to take anything that will put me at risk again.

I have spent a lot of time this morning researching and my eyes are quite sore - but I did make contact with a guy in USA who had a similar experience to mine and it was good to share things.

I have laundry drying in a very strong breeze and still more to peg out there - the towels will be lovely after drying in the wind and sun.  I have my book and my beading this afternoon, but I think that sleep may win out there.

It is lunchtime now and I am off to have a chicken and avocado sandwich, find a spot out of the wind and read a while.  I am grateful for days when I can sit outside for a while before the sun gets too hot in our summer.

However you are spending your Sunday I hope that you are enjoying the day, doing what needs to be done and then enjoying some things you just want to do.   I hope if you want or need company there is someone to spend the time with, or I hope you enjoy your solitude if you are spending some time on your own.

May the sun shine for you and may there be music and laughter in your life today.

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

No comments: