Sunday, November 20, 2011

GOOD AFTERNOON AND COMPUTERS AND ME.


Kenny Rogers and the Oak Ridge Boys - Love Lifted Me.

Good late afternoon from Adelaide and it has been a beautiful cool day with sunny skies and although a day filled with frustration over my computer - it is working out well.   My dear old friend of a computer - old like me but doing well - just like me, is carrying me through until I can get a Techie to check out my normal PC.

This song has been buzzing in my head all day and it has had me thinking that without love life would mean so much less than it does.  I am blessed indeed to have the love of friends and family - special people in my life  from all over the world and share these words with you all

"Someone asked me how I can love a friend who I've never seen!
I said....I have never seen the wind, but I feel it, I love the wind in my face and a gentle warm breeze can touch my heart! That's why I love you without seeing you!"

I feel your care, I feel your affection, concern, interest and love and my life is richer for it.  I feel the common interests we share and that how much of life is the same no matter where you hang your hat and call home.   

The daily grind, the hustle and bustle, the computer issues, the shopping, the cooking and the chores that have to be done - we are the same the world over and for that I am thankful.

With Thanksgiving come up very soon for our American friends thankfulness is something I have been thinking about a lot - and I truly have so much to be thankful for



In all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for celebrations - Thanksgiving - Christmas, please pause a moment and think about what you have to be thankful for.   Don't become distracted and overlook telling those you love that you do love them, practice random acts of kindness and travel safely on the road and through your life.

We live in frantic times and times that are unsettling to many of us - we all with fear and it is my hope that we can ease the journey for others and try to ease their fears.

The Twins are doing very well and Mum is learning to manage two babies and I haven't actually heard what Big Brother Logan thinks about his little sisters - probably a little overwhelmed at the moment.

I am easing into Sunday evening and will be trying to get some sleep tonight - no, that's not fair I did sleep some last night but woke very hot and from a very deep sleep and it took me ages to wake up.   I have to be on the road early for blood tests tomorrow morning preparatory to Clinic on Friday afternoon.

The weeks roll round quickly and I am so thankful for each and every day of them - I am alive and well.  It is a different lifestyle  - but it is very definitely Life and I love it.

I had dinner out with friends last night at a Hotel near the beach and witnessed a beautiful sunset  and can't share the photograph with you because it is on the other computer and I wiped the camera card.  Nice meal and a lovely ice cream afterwards.   Not a late night but a nice night.

Thanks for visiting and reading the "Musings from My Heart" - a very thankful heart today.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Logan thought they would be bigger and sitting up. Not many comments from Big Brother as yet but him and I had a lovely nurse with Ivy Mae and he was teaching her to read his t shirt, (i am the Big Brother) really is sweet to see them.
I can't wait to get them all home so the family can start to be a family but this is not going to be rushed, Plenty of time for all that,

Very thankful Mum, Grandma, Mother in Law and friend here