Thursday, November 10, 2011

ON THANKFUL THURSDAY - WELCOME TO MY WORLD.





Jim Reeves - Welcome to My World.

Good afternoon from a beautiful day in Adelaide - sun shine, gentle breezes and a clear blue sky - all this after a night of extreme storms throughout this state and also in Victoria and New South Wales.   Mother nature is fickle and makes us catch our breath sometimes.

Today is Thankful Thursday and I have so much to be thankful for - medical teams who listen, friends who care and lift me up, family grown and flying free.

I have started writing again - and this is something which has been long gone for me - but my muse has been aroused from a deep and troubled sleep and the words are flowing again.   Writers block if you want to call it that, but I prefer to believe that I have been resting and that the time is right and  with amazing support and encouragement the flood gates are opening.

It is very hard to put into words how I feel about this - overwhelmed, loved, amazed and delighted are just a few that I would use.   But thankful is another word and on Thankful Thursday I offer my thanks to people who believed in me  and roused the sleeping dragon.

I am thankful today for my daughters - both beautiful and delightful young women - different in so many ways, but so loved by me and their Dad.  I am thankful for the people they have chosen to share their lives with and for the fact that they are happy.

I am thankful for the ocean and the beach - the sand between my toes, the gentle lapping of the water and the call of seabirds as they swoop and dive.  For the gentle shades of evening and the velvet darkness when I can rest.

I am thankful for music in all it's forms - the rhythm and the tempo and the words of songs that often move me to tears - I weep quite easily over music, poetry, art and the love of friends.

I am thankful for laughter and the ability to laugh at myself - something that has come to me later in my life and I am thankful for this gift. 

On Thankful Thursday there is so much to be thankful for - What are you thankful for?

Enjoy your Thursday when it gets there for you or if it is late in your Thursday enjoy the evening - be thankful for it - be thankful that tomorrow is Friday and then follows the weekend.

Some of you are travelling this weekend and taking time out and I wish you safe travelling, and a sweet and happy few days out of the rat race - come back to us safe, refreshed and restored.  May the moon shine on the water for you and there be diamonds in your sky.

Thanks for visiting and reading the Musings from My Heart - a thankful heart today.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments: