Monday, November 14, 2011

WELCOME TO MONDAY AND FINDING MY WAY BACK HOME




Lee Ann Womack - Finding my Way Back Home.

Good Morning and welcome to Monday here in sunny South Australia - sun is shining but we are forecast spring rain for most of the week and today's temperature is 25 (77) and the temps are to be creeping up until the end of the week.  I can deal with 25 - it suits me well.

Since my transplant I have learned so very much about life, people, kindness, love, friendship, compassion and myself.  I have felt more at home with myself than I have for many years, but over the past few weeks I have found an even greater peace at being at home with myself.  Hence the song with this post.

"I've been hurryin', I've been worryin'.
I've been runnin' against the wind.
I've been bettin' my soul on a long shot roll,
That a good man never wins.

I've been tossin', and I've been turnin'.
I've been burnin' it at both ends.
I've been seein' myself in the rear view,
And I don't like where I've been...

So I'm takin' my time...
Holdin' and hopin' and drivin'
And dreamin' and lovin' every minute of it.
Just enjoyin' the ride...
Slowly and soulfully feeling the wheels unwind.
Finding my way back home...

I've been toolin' along the two lane.
I got off of the interstate.
I've been goin' too fast,
I got off of the gas.
I've been learnin' the charm of the brake.

I've been rollin' down all the windows
And lettin' the world rush in.
The smell of the grass and the fields that I pass
And the sun dance on my skin.

So I'm takin' my time...
Holdin' and hopin' and drivin'
And dreamin' and lovin' every minute of it.
Just enjoyin' the ride...
Slowly and soulfully feeling the wheels unwind.
Finding my way back...

I'm takin' my time...
Holdin' and hopin' and drivin'
And dreamin' and lovin' every minute of it...

I'm takin' my time...
Holdin' and hopin' and drivin'
And dreamin' and lovin' every minute of it.
Just enjoyin' the ride...
Slowly and soulfully feeling the wheels unwind.
Slowly and soulfully feeling the wheels unwind.
Finding my way...
Back...
Home...
I'm finding my way back
Home..."

There is special joy in being "home" but an even greater joy in being at home with yourself - comfortable with who you are, knowing that you are doing your best, that you have the love of friends and family, that you do not travel the road alone.

I have kept a lot of emotion inside over the last few years or so and not cried, not done anything more than just accepted that this is the way things were.   There are tears to be shed I know that, and they will come and this time I am going to let them flow, not bite my lip and hold them in - hopefully there will be sweet release.   I told a friend recently that I had wept at a Concert and her comment was AT LAST and that there would be tissues and shoulders to cry on.  It is lovely having friends like that.,

Sometimes a chance encounter with someone, brought together because of similar circumstances health wise can open up a door, stir emotion and awaken things long sleeping.  I am blessed indeed to share the road I travel with someone who has struggled too and received the Gift of Life and a second chance.    Thank you for the music, the laughter and now thank you for the tears - much needed and very welcome.  You know who you are and I hope you also know how much I cherish your friendship.

Today is an ordinary day - and you know how I feel about those - how I ached, cried and pleased for them - and now I have them in abundance and rejoice in them.

I have learned so much on my journey home - I have learned to laugh at myself and it is so liberating, I have learned compassion and tenderness and to listen and I have learned to let those I love know that I love them.

Thank you for sharing the journey with me and for celebrating my coming home with me - it is very special to feel so comfortable "at home".

Where are you on your journey ?   Are you "at home" or still travelling and seeking ?  I hope your coming home brings as much joy to you as mine is doing to me.   I couldn't have done it without the wonderful support I have had and for that I thank you.

Thanks for visiting "The Musings from My Heart" a very thankful heart at home this morning.

Love and hugs,
Linda.

No comments: