Thursday, January 12, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY, TENDER MOMENTS AND SOFT WORDS


Good Morning from my fair City of Adelaide, a gentle and quiet place with an umbrella sky of grey and a sun trying to peep through.

The weather here is mild and very manageable - my heart and thoughts are with the people of Western Australia who are suffering at the hands of Cyclone Heidi due to make landfall any time now.

We are a land of contrasts - snowing in the High Country and in Tasmania, Brisbane is blisteringly hot, we are right in the middle and mild and Western Australia is being battered by Cyclones.

Tender moments and soft words of understanding and perception mean the world to me - me who often hides vulnerable moments from the world is blessed by tender moments and thoughts and soft words of immense understanding.  My mood of the moment was picked up without a word being said and how very blessed that makes me feel.

I think I have held the tears of years back for so long that I have almost forgotten how to cry - but I'm learning and I can also clearly acknowledge that tears are so healing and I am thankful to have someone who will cry with me and support me.

This is Thankful Thursday and there is so much to be thankful for - I could start a list but I would be here forever.   I have my own very long personal list of things to be thankful for and then I have a broader a list which includes so many people and so many things.

I am going to choose ten things to be thankful for - you can make your own list of ten, twenty, thirty, forty or fifty word for things to be grateful for.

  • Love
  • Laughter
  • Tenderness
  • Honesty
  • Trust 
  • Faith
  • Healing tears
  • Colours
  • Possibilities
  • Technology 

That took only a few seconds to compile and I could write a much longer list for I have such a lot to be thankful for.  

Thank you to those who faithfully read this Blog and keep coming back - it has changed from a daily reporting on my health and has become a documented journal of the journey of a soul that has seen trouble, pain and sorrow and claims the victory.  

I carry scars both physical and emotional - but they aren't heavy - they are badges of honour and I wear them with pride.  They are part of who I am and who I have become and standing here at this age, I look back over the years and see so many things that have blessed me on my way.  People who came into my life when I was very young and still travel the road with me - my dear friend Bryan who lives in New Zealand and who I met when I was 13 years old.  I love the letters I receive from him written in his beautiful hand and using the fountain pen I bought him many years ago.

People who entered my life only in recent months, but with whom the connection transcends time and space ~ they have always been there and I have known them forever - they know what I am thinking before I do.  What a blessing this is.

Facing my own mortality has changed me - I have always been aware of feelings and emotions, but "tender" is the word that covers what I have become ~ a grateful, tender soul who has been given a second chance at life and I plan on filling my days with wonder and love.

I hope that you are able to find the word which best describes you and learn to live and grow with it.  "Tender" is my word and I know that I have all the love in the world and the support to remain tender, although we live in a tough world.

There will be days when my little boat will be swamped by the storms of life, and then there will be days like today, when the rolling of the tide rocks my boat gently and yet overwhelms me.   There are times when "life" itself overwhelms me and the miracle that I have been part of just blows my mind and this is one of those days.

Wishing you fair weather, a harbour full and deep and the gentle lapping of the ocean tides to fill your life with joy, and a lighthouse like I have to watch over me and guide me safely back to shore. 

Thank you for reading the Musings from My Heart - a tender heart today.

Love and hugs,

No comments: