Saturday, February 18, 2012

WELCOME TO MY SATURDAY MORNING AND CARROTS


Welcome to my spot on the Globe - my little corner of the world where life isn't perfect but it is LIFE and I love it and am thankful for it.  It is going to be a warm one today and unfortunately they are forecasting rain tomorrow for the Rose Planting Ceremony - positive here is that I received a beautiful umbrella for Christmas and can and will use that.   




I am very aware this morning of the turmoil in lives of people close to me and aware of the unsettled nature of their lives at present, their frustration and pain.   I am aware that when things come crowding in like a huge wave that it is often so easy to become lost and to feel that everything is out of control.


Yes it is true that some things are out of control but there is always that safe spot in our own hearts that we can return to for solace and comfort ~ that place where we can be whatever we imagine.  There is always that certain someone to whom we can turn and just "tell it like it is" - say the things that are frustrating us and to voice our fears.  Find that special place and even if things are out of control (or seem that way) be sure to nourish and nurture your dreams - IMAGINE.   When fatigue takes over take your thoughts to your safe place and drift off to sleep with a mind filled with all the dreams of your imagination.   Don't lose sight of them, they will carry you through.


It is really important that we remember that we have a safe harbour to return to when we have had to navigate our small craft through stormy waters.  Look for your lighthouse and let it guide you home  safely past the rocks that can be so damaging.


Even if the journey is rough for you right now - there is joy in the journey perhaps with a chance meeting with someone and a special few words and a big hug ~ these things mean such a lot to us.  So even though your journey is demanding - take time to smile at a stranger - it could mean the world to them.


IMAGINE/IMAGINATION ~ where would we be without them - we can dream, plan, create and generally just nourish and nurture our souls, so remember to imagine.


When times like this happen we get so involved in what we HAVE to do that we often neglect the things we LIKE to do - see if you can pass the responsibility off to someone else for just a short time and allow yourself to catch up - it will give you a much better feeling of life being under control. Generally, what I am saying is for you to take care of yourselves and of each other.  It is agony to see pain in the eyes of those we love and all we can do is try to ease that pain by a little tenderness and love.


To those walking this path - I send my love and very great care and concern.


There is of course the other side of the coin - those who are on top of the world and our friend Melissa is now,  as I type being taken from ICU to her room - a very big step on the journey back to the NEW NORMAL - she is in pain and very uncomfortable but that will pass and all will be well.
How blessed I was to share that journey with her and to weep those tears of joy.


Saturday is here already in Adelaide and I always think of those who are celebrating their love by marrying today - I wish them nice weather, a wonderful celebratory start to a wonderful life together and a life time of love.  There will be some brides who have chosen Sunday this weekend for their wedding and they won't be too happy about the prospect of rain.  It is a good thing we can't organize the weather - we would never get it right as too many people have such differing ideas of perfect weather.


Enough words from me this morning - I have had my breakfast juice and now think coffee may be next on my agenda - I have very few plans for this weekend although I do need to slip out to the shops for fruit and vegetables.  I love fresh fruit and vegetables and noticed this morning as I broke the carrots for my juice just what a lovely noise the snap of the carrots is.  It's only a small thing, but it brought joy to my morning along with the crisp sharp taste of the celery and green apples.  It doesn't take much to bring a smile to my lips - there is certainly joy in my journey as the carrots prove.  :)


Thank you for calling by and visiting the Musings from my Heart - a caring and concerned heart today.


 I wish you joy in your journey even in the smallest things - often a little trinket or ornament can hold a world of love.  I had a lovely comment left yesterday - part of which said:

"I wish you polka dot gumboots to splash in puddles" - that is very special as I love splashing in puddles.    Thank you Julie.



Love and hugs,
Linda.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Yes, point taken! I don't know what I would do without you!

Have a great and beautiful time at the Rose Planting Ceremony! I am so proud of you!

Go Linda Go!

Love and Hugs,

Joseph