Tuesday, June 26, 2012

PEACE LOVE AND MISUNDERSTANDING



Welcome to Tuesday morning in my little corner of the world and the fog is lifting (probably much better if I refer to it as mist because we don't get the heavy fogs that our northern hemisphere friends get.  Everything is so damp and cold but I was reminded by a friend that "it takes rain and cold to bring spring around" and how true this is.   My daffodils are starting to show their first leaves and I am anticipating lovely blooms in springtime.

How much we all need some "Peace Love and Understanding" and yet how often in our lives there is misunderstanding.  There are times in our lives when we disagree with those we love and the hurt runs deep and stays with us for many years.  Some of us are lucky enough to be able to find common ground again and resolve those differences before it is too late.

There are many though I know whose hurt goes too deep and brings pain at difficult family times and brings about situations that lead us on a path of destruction and suddenly it is too late.

These wounds that are open and septic cause us to do and say things that we don't really mean, and place us in a stubborn place where even if apologies are made forgiveness is hard to find.

There is a movie called "Peace, love and Misunderstanding" which shares exactly these things, the hurts, the misunderstandings and the baggage that we often carry and which for our own health really should let go of.

Wherever you are in your life, think back about the hurts and pain you have experienced at the words of others and consider being open enough to make an approach and see if it can't be sorted out.   Sometimes health issues creep up on us quickly and it can be too late for forgiveness and grace to find us.

It is my hope and prayer that you can find yourself in a position where you can seek out someone before it is too late, make your peace with those you love and find understanding.   

For me I was younger and stubborn and very strong, and it took a friend to point out to me that maybe the person I thought had wronged me was actually doing the best he could.   I cherish the memory of her words and the decisions made which brought peace, love and understanding to my heart and we were able to resolve the differences and spend glorious time together before it was all gone.    It may have been too little time, but it wasn't too late.  I cherish that one year I had during which there was much discussion, lots of laughter and a wonderful dose of forgiveness.

I wonder if it is aging or illness that has brought me to this state of peace - the peace that lives in my heart and "regrets I had a few" but the one that could have brought me unravelled for the rest of my life was resolved and I have peace because of that.

A cherished friend is going through deep water right now with a family member and siblings being very difficult, bitter and very nasty and I hold him close in heart and prayer and I know that he has peace in his heart from doing what needed to be done.

There are times when we become unraveled and need some calming down and this song was send to me yesterday and I share it with you and hope it brings calm to you too.


Listen to the lovely words and I hope they comfort you and calm you as you make your way through the maze of emotions that is life.

These are the musings of my heart - a heart a little concerned right now about someone I love, but I hold on to the calm and peace they feel in their hearts and know that they will ride out this storm and find safe harbour in their lives.

Thanks for visiting,

Love and hugs,
Linda. 

No comments: