Monday, July 23, 2012

HITCH YOUR WAGON TO A STAR


It's Monday evening and here I am doing a blog post before bedtime after what has been a beautiful winter day.    The sky was blue, there were white fluffy clouds and the sun shone for most of the day.   A perfect day to get laundry done and out on the line to dry.  I did some cryptic crossword puzzles with a friend and generally enjoyed the day.



This first herald of spring was gracing my garden when I looked out there this morning - a truly beautiful daffodil and a special gift which I cherish.

I was part of a mid year "Christmas in July" gift exchange between a group of online friends and my Secret Santa gift arrived today and I was very pleased.

I received three pink pens (Santa must know me very well) some small Christmas cards, Christmas tree earrings and three lovely frames for photographs/Christmas images - It was a a lovely gift and much appreciated.

When I am alone I often do much thinking - and I was thinking of the plans we make, the places we go, the people we meet.  Alexis and Naomi have made plans and reservations for their holiday later in the year and are very excited about it.  I know they will have a wonderful time, but it is great for me to see their excitement and hear them talk of what they are going to do.

Others have plans for special holidays and it brings me such joy to hear of their plans because I know how much these holidays are needed and wanted.  
They will be grand adventures and times of fun, and also for others time out away from the extreme stresses of how life has been ~ such wonderful plans and excitement all round.   Sometimes I think the planning and the anticipation is just as exciting as the times away.    

It is the fulfillment of dreams - that hitching the wagon to a star and setting off for the great unknown, with all the necessary precautions taken, the butterflies in the tummy and the stars in the eyes.

 What plans do you have for holidays and grand adventures?   Is there somewhere in the deep recesses of your heart a dream that need hitching to a star?   I hope that you are able to hitch the wagon and take the journey.

My Father was a seafaring man and he was never quite settled when he was shore bound - he always claimed he was "born under a wandering star"


Listen to Lee Marvin sing "I was born under a wandering star" ~ I did and it brought lovely memories of a movie out with my Father.

Memories are sweet as are the memories in the making with all the lovely plans ~  Whatever your plans are I hope that you are having a wonderful time making the memories and then when you do get to go on your trip - making real memories will be wonderful.

Hitch your wagon to a star and follow your dreams - and thank you for visiting the musings of my heart - a heart filled with lots of memories and other memories in the planning. 

Love and hugs,
Linda

No comments: