Saturday, February 23, 2013

EMBRACE AND CELEBRATE



Welcome to Saturday morning in Australia - where the day is hot and the sky is blue - this is officially the last weekend of summer, but It will be hot for a while yet I suspect.

We were forecast rain last night but nothing eventuated and the air is very dry, the ground dry and grass crunchy beneath my feet.  Hand watering of plants takes time and is never the same as natural rain.  I usually play in the water when I do my plants at the end of a hot day and enjoy splashing.

The temperature is forecast to be fairly consistent for the next few days - hot and mid thirties which means I will be finding cool spots to hide and spend my time.

The news on the radio this morning was filled with sad things - we have flooding in Northern New South Wales and Queensland and the reports were of a two year old drowning in a dam, and a teenager being swept away.  There have been shootings and a woman had her car stolen at knife point at a suburban shopping centre.    All very distressing and upsetting, but for all the bad things, there are so many nice things that happen and so very many kind and loving people out there.   

My words for this year are CELEBRATE and EMBRACE and when I found this lovely quote I knew I wanted to share it with you and to encourage you to embrace all the lovely things around you.   Take hold of the changes, embrace them and make them yours.  Embrace this moment and spend it wisely.

There are so many things happening for people - plans being made, dreams and schemes being shared, hopes for future days (that may or may not work out) but hoping and planning is a good thing too.

Embrace whatever life brings your way - embrace the time with your children, the conversation, the laughter and the deep and meaningful discussions we often have with teenagers.  Time moves so very quickly and suddenly those days are gone and in the blink of an eye they are off making their own wonderful lives and we are left with the memories of those times and we then embrace our memories.

Embrace your older folk - embrace their memories and spend time talking with them - they gave us so much of their time it isn't too much to ask for a little of ours.

Share the concerns of a friend,. go shopping with a sister, work alongside a brother, make cookies with your kids (Grand kids)  - embrace those times with open arms.    Welcome your loved one home from work and embrace them, both physically and emotionally - let them feel that they are appreciated.  Cook a special meal - make coffee or hot chocolate just the way you know they like it.

Pick up the phone and call someone you have been intending to call - send an email, write a letter - embrace all the wonderful forms of communication we have available to us.  Send an SMS to that special someone - even if they are in the same room as you - embrace every moment of love and life.

I have the whole day in front of me (well it's almost midday now, but the rest of it stretches in front of my like a blank canvas waiting for me to embrace it and splash it with many colours.

"My destiny calls and I go, 
And the wild winds of fortune 
Will carry me onward, 
Oh whither soever they blow. 
Whither soever they blow,"

Have a wonderful Saturday when it arrives for you in your little corner of the world - celebrate and embrace life itself and I wish you love.

Thank you for calling by to visit the musings of my heart - today a heart filled with warmth and love and embracing and celebrating love and life.

Love and hugs, 




No comments: