Saturday, January 31, 2015

ALL OF THESE THINGS



Good Afternoon from the City of Adelaide, where the sun is shining and a strong summer wind blowing.  The sky is a grey/blue and certainly cool for the last day of January.    I am having trouble believing that the first month of 2015 has come and gone and now we head into February.     February for us can often be the hottest month of the year, and I somehow think that Mother Nature will turn up the thermostat after letting us have a deliciously cool January.

The piece at the top of this page is a quote that I have known for a long time and have saved on my computer and often go back and enjoy it again.

All of these things in our lives could only add joy and pleasure to our days and I wish them for each one of you. 

Imagine if you will, SMILES when there are dark or dreary thoughts and situations that are not pleasant.   Smiles to chase away the gloom.  COMFORT for those days too.  Comfort comes in many forms - it may be HUGS (oh the sweet comfort of the human touch), it may be a bowl of warm soup on a cold cold day or a long and iced drink in the shade of the garden when the sun is warm. 

RAINBOWS - the pure joy of looking into the sky and seeing our earth wrapped in the orb of a beautiful coloured rainbow brings so much pleasure and I wish that for you.  SUNSETS at the end of days - a perfect painting in our sky - totally free and ours.

FRIENDSHIPS - old or new are to be cherished along with all that goes with them.    The shared memories of days gone by, the laughter and the tears and the lovely getting to know you times with a new friend.

FAITH - to sustain you and hold you sway when doubts arise.

CONFIDENCE to be who you really are, and the COURAGE to stand firm and hold your ground when the tides of life pull at your anchor.  CONFIDENCE and COURAGE to face whatever life deals out to you.  It may not be the hand you wish for, but COURAGE and CONFIDENCE to play the hand you are dealt.

PATIENCE to wait for things and patience to hope for things.  PATIENCE with a fretful child or an aging relative who tells you the same story over and over again.   PATIENCE to know that they are doing their best and coping with whatever is happening to them.  A lovely quote from Maya Angelou completes PATIENCE:



And LOVE to complete your life.   LOVE in all it's forms brings a glow to our lives,  knowing that there are people who LOVE us in spite of what we are and how we behave.   




I wish all of these things for you and I thank you for visiting the Musings of My Heart - a heart filled with so much gratitude for my life, my family, those I love and my beautiful troubled world.   May you find peace and calm this weekend and may the sun shine brightly in your little corner of the world.

Love and hugs.



2 comments:

Margee said...

Hi Linda,
It is so cold here in the US,WEST VIRIGINIA. This am is in the teens, brr.
Thank you for all the wonderful things you wish for all of us. I wish the same to you ,my friend😊❤️

Linda J. said...

I feel for you in the extreme cold of West Virginia - the winter will soon pass and then you will have a lovely spring to relish and enjoy. xxx