Wednesday, July 27, 2016

CALM AFTER STORM





Welcome to Wednesday in Adelaide, where the storms of the last few weeks have eased and we are left with cold and much calmer weather today.

The sky is still a pewter grey and the sun is hiding, but the strong winds have calmed down.   We have had more rain this far this year than for the whole of 2015 and the ground is soft and water logged.   Our reservoir levels are much better than they have been for a number of years and that holds the promise of more water available for our hot summer months.

I don't mind the rain, but the wind bothers me somewhat and I am glad to be able to report that we are forecast for a few dry and sunny days.  Our winter seems cold, but is not nearly as cold as many have in the northern hemisphere.

I am blessed indeed to have a warm home, a warm and cosy bed and a tasty warm meal on my table - I certainly don't enjoy the storms but I do enjoy the calm after the storm and the warmth of home and family.

I hope your Wednesday has been a good one - or will be a good one and that you are at peace with your life.

Love and hugs,
Linda

xxx

No comments: